Leadership & Equine Assisted Learning
Good leadership is contagious!
Equine Assisted Learning builds and refines leaders, naturally!
Horses seek connection by instinct and design, and are always seeking natural leaders. Further, they vote for their leaders every minute of every day. Do you inspire others with your vision, or confuse and discourage them without even realizing it?
Do you need to:
- Get accurate and honest feedback about your leadership abilities?
- Develop tomorrow's leaders in your business today?
- Practice new skills outside your office environment, to hone and refine?
Horse Sense of the Carolinas uses Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) to help leaders become better, stronger and more successful. By utilizing the natural gift of horses to hone good leadership skills, we help you recognize and remove self-defeating patterns and to create new skills for naturally authentic leadership.
We also use today's best practices in leadership training and development, including principles from Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Servant Leadership and Situational Leadership, among others.
Programs we offer include:
Are you suffering from CEO Disease?
What is it? It's the "information vacuum around a leader created when people withhold important (and often unpleasant) information".
Want to get honest feedback and assessment of leadership skills without compromising?
Sessions at Horse Sense offer:
- Hands-on trial and error
- Concrete experience without stress of actual performance
- Chance to practice new behaviors to the point of mastery
- Candid feedback about your leadership
- Correcting distortions in self-perception
- Identify and build upon your learning styles
Based on concepts from the book Primal Leadership, by Goleman & Boyatzis
" The higher up the ladder a leader climbs, the less accurate his self-assessment is likely to be." - Primal Leadership, Goleman & Boyatzis
New Leader Development
Leadership is not about personality; it's about behavior and actions.
Does your leadership inspire? How can you develop it?
This program reviews and makes immediate the "5 Practices of Exemplary Leadership". Horses are excellent at developing new leaders, and to challenging us to be smart, calm and focused and responsive in all situations.
Points we examine and explore with the horses include how to:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
Outcomes to expect:
- Clear understanding of how to motivate different people differently
- Insight into novel or unexpected ways of getting results & problem-solving
- Clarity on embodying the role of leader
Based on concepts from The Leadership Challenge, by Kouzes & Posner
Most programs will include three aspects:
- Pre-site visit consultation, on the phone or in person
- Event with the horses at our farm or a location near you
- Post-site visit consultation, on the phone or in person
You can customize it further by selecting:
- Full day
- Retreat package
- Ongoing group and individual development
We focus on patterns of behavior and interaction that reveals those pattern to improve on or change. Contact us to discuss your program today!